Mario In Newgrounds III Mario In Newgrounds III

good sprite movie, way better than most

The menu was really cool, as well as the in-game play/pause/etc. You get a 10 on interactivity, but there seemed to be one small problem. The preloader only appears when about 60% of the movie is loaded. Please look into that. Sounds, for instance, should NOT be set to load on the first frame. There is a similar setting for other things like objects. Make sure things load after the first frame so that the preloader appears immediately.

The music and sound was nicely done, especially the Mario voice acting. Also, using plenty of Mario sound effects to match the games was a good idea. I wonder if it could have been compressed/clipped more though. The NG audio portal has some nice instructions about how to reduce audio file size that you may want to look at.

Put some alpha around the pause button so that it is easier to click on.

Make the "other movies" button open a new window instead of replacing the contents of the flash popup.

Work on the grammer. Poor grammer is distracting. If English is not a first language or something, I suggest finding someone that can help improve the grammer.

Finally, the animation was actually quite good in this movie, but maybe work on your anticipations? For instance, it looked unnatural when the goombas just starting moving up into the air (jumping) to land on that mushroom guy. You could size them down then up real quick to give a bit of wind-up for the jump so it looks more natural. Same with Mario punching, you could have him rear back before delivering his punch--it would look more natural. The animation of the red balls could also possibly use improvement...you could have them wind-up for a strike by moving in the opposite direction for a short bit before moving to hit Mario. The purpose is to make it look more natural, so don't over-do it or anything.

Hopefully you will find this review helpful.

An Animusical Minute Ep 1 An Animusical Minute Ep 1

wow

Simple concept, but totally brilliant. Good job.

Foreverland responds:

Thank you very much! 10's across the board! Can't ask for much more than that! :D

Bunny Fact #1 Bunny Fact #1

good flash, but

This was a great flash and all. My only complaint is that it uses music from the audio portal but doesnt credit the artist.

[KK] omg, kitty [KK] omg, kitty

nice job

Is this some kind of collab?

Anyways, this was really good for a KK flash. Hopefully, it will set an example for the rest of the KK.

WackyKitty responds:

na not a collab. all me on this one

This Is Bob-A True Story This Is Bob-A True Story

sound issues

File size was much larger than I would expect for this flash, and I am guessing the problem is lack of audio optimization. Next time, please make sure your audio is trimmed and optimized to the max.

Robotcow responds:

thanks for the advice, but i dont know how to do that. if u get bored sometime u should send me a message explaining it sometime.

Guide to being review mod Guide to being review mod

Good point

The admins allow for too much gray area in deciding which flashes or reviews break their policies. I think that there are more effective ways to deliver your point, but overall I am just glad to see this flash bring attention to the inadequacies in review moderation. At a minimum, I hope the administration will modify various portions of the FAQ to help reviewers understand the difference between abusive and acceptable content in reviews.

Sir-CannabisClock responds:

well said sir :o

Lines: Evolution Lines: Evolution

why is the filesize so huge?

The filesize is too huge...please optimize..

Mr Man and His Box Mr Man and His Box

please optimize

The filesize is wayyy too large. Please optimize next time.

Brookie Brookie

file size problems

Why is the file size so large? I think you should try to optimize this.

bloody fight bloody fight

Work on the sound

Please optimize your sound next time. There is no way something like this should be 2.5 megs. The most that this should be is say 300KB.